If you have the will and commitment to succeed in your chosen career then joining us could be the first of many important decisions you'll make. We can give you the opportunity and together we will make it work.
What are we looking for?
Our customers are looking for us to provide our solutions faster, with more innovation and at less cost. To achieve this, our entry standards are high. We’re looking for people who have:
- A passion to play a part in meeting national needs and providing successful outcomes for our customers across all our sectors
- The necessary qualification(s) and experience for the job role and a commitment to lifelong learning and professionalism
- The personal skills and behaviour to succeed in our business; these should include leadership, teamwork and communication
- A dedication to Costain’s values including a commitment to safety, health and the environment (one way we ensure this is to require that all employees have a minimum standard of competency card, certifying safety and competence)
- A willingness to work hard and go above and beyond
- The flexibility to work in different places according to the demands of our customers.
Here is some guidance on the qualifications we look for:
- Front line supervisory roles: we expect the relevant NVQ; it’s also advisable to have professional membership of a technical institution
- Apprentices: a demonstrable track record of being prepared to work hard and a passion for joining Costain and the industry; academic requirements vary according to roles; work experience and good Maths and English GCSEs are ideal but not essential for all roles
- Graduates: a 2.1 degree, relevant work experience and a commitment to professional development
- Senior roles: we expect you to be chartered within a professional institution
- Project Managers: membership of the Association of Project Management as well as technical qualifications
- Business leadership roles: you will be able to demonstrate leadership capability and how you are continuously developing yourself, as well as be a fellow of a relevant institution.