Celebrating Long Service
10 June 2014
Costain recently celebrated the outstanding contribution of its longest serving employees, formally thanking them for their years of service with a special lunch at the Grovefield House Hotel, near Maidenhead.
Alan Kay, previously Costain’s Group Technical and Operations Director and now on secondment as Chief Executive of ABC Electrification Limited, a joint venture between Alstom, Babcock and Costain, presided over the event, welcoming 16 employees and their partners to the awards presentation.
Alan, together with Sally Austin, Costain’s Group HR Director, presented the guests with certificates on behalf of the Costain Board. As they collected their certificates, the employees were met with images showing their time with the Company, either working on memorable projects or from earlier in their career.
“The lunch recognised and celebrated the hard work, dedication and commitment of those employees who have made such a worthwhile contribution to the Company over the years,” said Alan.
The employees who attended the event are listed below, with their years of service in parenthesis:
• Will Madden, Commercial Director, GMWDA PFI (40 Yrs)
• Eddie McKenna, Senior Project Manager, Sydenham School (40 Yrs)
• Geoff Hunt, Retired Project Director (40 Yrs)
• David Coleman, Stores/Traffic Marshall, London Bridge Station Enhancement Works (40 Yrs)
• John Barr, Engineering Manager, Heysham to M6 Link Road (40 Yrs)
• Sabrina Parker, Insurance Administrator, Vanwall Business Park (30 Yrs)
• Paul Johnson, Commercial Director, Major Contracts Management (30 Yrs)
• Chris Clarke, Chief Estimator, PR04 Capital Delivery (30 Yrs)
• Chris Cadogan, Land Surveying Manager, Severn Trent Water Amp 5 Framework (30 Yrs)
• Graham Sugrue, Project Director, Costain Skanska C360 JV (21 Yrs)
• David Sidwell, Procurement Manager, London Bridge Station, Enhancement Works (21 Yrs)
• Rupert Shingleton, Project Director, Farringdon Station Construction Works (21 Yrs)
• Kath Sanders, Regional Systems Manager, Port Talbot Pdr Stage (21 Yrs)
• Simon Maxwell, Senior Agent, M25 J1B to 3 Widening (21 Yrs)
• Phil Grice, Principal Civil Engineer, C336 Paddington New Yard (21 Yrs)
• Richard Goodridge, Construction Manager, PR04 Capital Delivery (21 Yrs)
Costain Communications Department