Detailed engineering and design work for platform and FPSO upgrade
Costain delivered a series of intricate upgrades carried out on the platform and floating storage unit, implemented during a planned shutdown.
- Service 1
Advisory and concept development
The upgrades included:
- Oil export cooler inlet and outlet to include for DB&B isolation across two units
- The provision of upgraded CI injection ports to cooling medium header
- Upgrade FW deluge valve to flow regulator controller
- The supply of critical repair orders, based inspection report and recommendations
- Various other shutdown critical scopes
Costain put together an expert multi-disciplined project management team to carry out detailed engineering and design work across all aspects of the required upgrade. The project was delivered successfully and expediently, and led to repeat work with the client.
- Provision of a full project management team covering detailed engineering design up to ‘ready to construct'
- Material selection and procurement
- Inspection and global logistics
- Preparation of workpacks incorporating client interfaces
- Supervision of the integration between upgrade team and construction workers
We provided project management and handled global logistics for the offshore upgrade, leaving the platform and floating unit ready for construction work. Our team carried out lean and efficient engineering, reducing overhead costs and, ultimately, the overall project cost. We integrated seamlessly with the incumbent construction team.