Our vision and strategy
Our Engineering Tomorrow strategy is about identifying, developing and implementing innovative solutions to meet the UK’s major infrastructure needs.
Our strategic focus is to enhance our growth and strengthen our market position by providing innovative, sustainable solutions to meet increasingly complex and large-scale national needs. Our strategy will ensure we remain competitive and continue to deliver shareholder value for years to come.
We are committed to meeting our customers' needs. As a result, our six key priorities are:
- Operating safely, efficiently and responsibly to ensure we operate in an environment free from harm
- Continue to enhance customer insight to better understand our customers’ needs and deliver innovation solutions
- Grow by broadening and integrating our services by delivering integrated consulting, project delivery and operational solutions across the full life-cycle of an asset
- Develop the ‘best in class’ team by attracting, retaining and developing the best people in the industry
- Create and deliver innovative sustainable solutions by continuing to invest in research, innovation and emerging technologies
- Work in collaboration with our customers and other key stakeholders to deliver our promises and support the development of broader services and technology.
The sectors in which we work
How we work
We are committed to operating our business both sustainably and responsibly. We are focused on one simple but powerful message – ‘Costain Cares’. This is not a slogan: it is an attitude of mind. It is integral to everything we do and a touchstone against which we can evaluate and measure our performance. We care about all our stakeholders.
Everyone at Costain is committed to being:
- Customer focused
- Open and honest
- Safe and environmentally aware
- Team players
- Innovative – improving continuously and therefore the...
- Natural choice.