In 2020, Costain is proud to be supporting the Samaritans as our charity partner.
The application window for our 2021 charity partner will open during this summer.
The Costain Charitable Foundation only funds registered charities or activities with clearly defined charitable purposes. The Costain Charitable Foundation will support charities on an annual basis and the selection will be made by the board of trustees and the staff of Costain Group PLC. The selection criteria are aligned strategically to the Costain Group PLC’s code of ethics and corporate governance.
To be considered as one of the Foundation’s sponsored charities the following requirements must be satisfied:
- All recipients of the Foundation must be designated or registered as a charity or non-profit organisation; and are
- Not involved in the abuse of human rights.
- Do not have employment policies or practices that discriminate on grounds of race, creed, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability or age.
- Do not discriminate unfairly in the allocation of their support according to race, creed, sexual orientation, religion, gender, disability or age.
- Are not directly involved in gambling, recreational or illegal drugs, tobacco, armaments or alcohol (with the exception of those charities and organisations specifically dedicated to tackling addiction or drug abuse).
- Do not cause harm to animals for the purposes of either sport or entertainment.
- Do not have, as their main purpose, the dissemination of political or religious information and do not otherwise use their charitable work to encourage support for political or religious causes.
- Do not have activities which involve significant damage to the environment.
- Fully disclose all relevant corporate and personal conflicts of interest.
- The Costain Charitable Foundation’s preference is to only support charities and other non-profit organisations that have long-term goals and objectives.
Please do not send more than one application. There is no need to send supporting books, brochures, DVDs, annual reports or accounts.
If your proposal is shortlisted, you will hear from us within eight weeks of the application deadline. Applicants who do not hear from us within this time must assume they have been unsuccessful.
The Costain 150 Challenge