Deep NGL extraction technology for North Sea gas
Costain was engaged to develop a concept for a gas processing terminal capable of deep NGL extraction in Teesside, UK.
Over 1000 tonnes of NGL per day extracted
NGL recovery achieved without the need for compression
Comprehensive techno-economic studies were used to identify the optimal liquids processing approach for the operator. The solution developed by Costain consultants resulted in:
- A facility designed to allow switching between dewpointing and deep NGL recovery according to market conditions
- Two gas processing trains, each able to process 400 MMSCFD of natural gas
- NGL extraction trains using Costain’s own in-house technology developed in conjunction with the terminal operator, which incorporates dehydration, hydrocarbon dewpointing and de-ethanisation upstream of a two stage NGL fractionation process.
- Production of treated gas as well as propane, butane and natural gasoline
- Modular construction techniques engineered into the design early on to maximize project efficiency