Costain was contracted to develop the technical definition, contracting strategy, cost and schedule for an FPSO based on a part-constructed hull.
- Service 1
Advisory and concept development
The client wanted to determine whether sailaway could be achieved within 36 months.
Main activities included:
- Due diligence on the existing hull and certification
- Identification of existing equipment for reuse
- Production of an overall schedule to sailaway and first oil
- Development of the contracting strategy
- Yard capacity survey and EOI to underpin the contracting strategy and schedule
- Supervision of FEED
- Pre-qualification and tender packages development
- Production of a cost estimate
- Preparation of an overall project execution strategy
Our experienced team provided sanction level definition. It confirmed a sailaway was achievable within 36 months.