complex system review for floating vessels
Our expert team performed intricate review work for the client across vessels configured by different engineering firms.
- Service 1
Advisory and concept development
Costain performed a complex system review for the client, who wanted to investigate the relief systems for 18 differently configured floating vessels.
The main activities performed were:
- Relief scenarios for vessel systems reviewed
- Establishing the range of physical properties of the fluids being relieved
- Summary table for each asset generated highlighting proposed actions
- Undersized pipe supply vessels highlighted
- Alternative actions proposed where appropriate
- Performing calculations for relief scenario
- Checking relief capacity against required rate
- Calculation of maximum relief rate
This complex task was completed in good time and with a positive result.