Costain is improving people’s lives by helping our clients to deliver and support national strategic defence and security needs.
The first duty of government is to defend our country and to keep our people safe. In the 2015 Strategic Defence and Security Review, the Government set out plans for stronger defence with more ships, more aircraft, more troops at readiness, better equipment for special forces and enhanced cyber security. In order to deliver these plans, the UK’s resources must be as operationally efficient and effective as possible.
What might this mean?
- Providing value for money to the taxpayer by delivering on time, within budget and to high quality standards
- Identifying the right advice on procurement, contracting, stakeholder engagement and buildability
- Taking a whole life view of capability, providing solutions from programme conception to optimising in service assets
- Adapting at pace where technology advances faster than procurement
- Harnessing the best research and development, both military and civil.
How Costain can help?
We leverage 150 years of delivering complex programmes, our leading-edge digital technology teams and P3M expertise to help clients transform performance of equipment, infrastructure projects and delivery teams.
What we offer
- Assured outcomes: Our experience of managing complex programme delivery means we ask the right questions that keeps things on track, providing assurance, efficiency and right first-time results. We bring a range of technical engineering capability, including reach across our other markets for lateral innovation.
Digital distinction: We have a proven track record in pan-domain information management and in developing, rapid prototyping, manufacturing, integrating, operating and supporting digital technology solutions within new and mature operating environments across other highly regulated and competitive sectors.
Behavioural management expertise: Proven and accredited behavioural science specialists for transformational change and coaching programmes that optimise team performance, change implementation and delivery.
- Optimised assets: We integrate advisory and technology services that deliver efficient, effective and agile operations and maintenance from development through to existing assets.
Transformational portfolio, programme and project management (P3M) including training and coaching
We work alongside our customers to help them save money, reduce complexity and provide certainty to achieve the delivery of successful projects, programmes or large portfolios. Our own culture, governance, systems and processes are robustly built from our years as a contractor on major programmes so we can help clients build theirs to be similarly resilient and efficient.
Our strategic advice supports teams and leaders throughout the implementation of sustainable change and improvements to major schemes through applied P3M training and coaching.
Digitisation: Technology development, integration, security and support
Our in-house digital technology team design, rapidly prototype, manufacture, integrate and support bespoke electronics, high integrity software and systems, as well as help clients navigate from legacy to new secure, open systems.
Asset optimisation and security
We optimise the performance and security of individual assets or entire networks of assets at any point in the lifecycle. We transform infrastructure intelligence through the development and integration of leading-edge digital technology solutions built on our deep domain knowledge and client insight.
Latest in Defence
As a professionally qualified engineer and P3M leader, Gary has proven qualities in delivering change and bringing structure, control and momentum to complex, strategic, technical and politically sensitive programmes.
Looking forward, Peter is excited at the prospect of the profession using artificial intelligence, business information modelling and digital twin to keep it at the heart of any process.
As head of risk services, Andy is responsible for helping Costain’s clients meet their risk management challenges through improving risk practice and awareness, developing quantitative analysis solutions and providing advice on risk-related strategy and project delivery matters.