With over 30 years’ experience, Costain offers leading engineering and programme management capability to the nuclear and defence industries, for new projects and management of the UK’s nuclear legacy.
The nuclear and defence industries are investing billions of pounds in developing and transforming their programmes to deliver new capabilities, maintain existing equipment and manage the challenges associated with legacy waste, through delivery of technologically complex projects.
What might this mean?
- Innovations are required to meet the challenges of concurrent new build and decommissioning programmes
- Existing facilities require operational support to aid life extension programmes which bridge the gap to the next generation of nuclear power plants
- New technologies and solutions must be developed to efficiently and safely remove, reduce and store nuclear waste
- Key defence capabilities are required which utilise new technologies and require less manpower without uncontrolled cost implications
- We need a long term investment in people to transfer industry knowledge from an ageing workforce to the next generation of highly skilled personnel.
The Costain Solution
We provide advice, engineering, design and management expertise in all aspects of project delivery from concept, through construction and commissioning, to decommissioning and disposal phases.
What we offer
- Front end engineering teams to provide conceptual and specialist design expertise
- Systems engineering consultants to ensure stakeholder requirements are met on complex projects
- Delivery of complex EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) projects underpinned by our talented multi-disciplined engineering teams and robust project management processes and procedures
- Some of the UK's leading experts in programme management, governance design and quantitative risk analysis, to enable business transformation and step change improvements in programme delivery performance
- Collaborative partnerships with research facilities to accelerate development of new technologies to solve industry challenges.
Find out more about our leading nuclear and defence engineering capability.