Oil & Gas
Costain is a leading provider of full lifecycle services in the development, design, delivery and maintenance of oil and gas infrastructure.
The UK’s mature oil & gas industry is currently facing challenges relating to ageing assets, depleting fields and the need to revolutionise the industry in response to environmental concerns, maximising economic recovery and embracing innovative technologies. A major focus is to look at lower cost solutions, alternative commercial models and new collaborative approaches, whilst retaining safe and assured project delivery. The global concern for climate change has led to increasing focus on decarbonisation and energy efficiency within the sector. There has never been a more pressing time to innovate.
What might this mean?
- Focus on value engineering in development of offshore and onshore greenfield and brownfield projects
- Innovative approaches to maximise economic recovery of smaller, previously unviable fields
- Improved collaboration between client and supply chain, ensuring efficient project delivery and cost effective outcomes
- Optimisation of assets for life extension, performance enhancement and environmental compliance
- Development and implementation of innovations and new technologies to reduce carbon output
- Rethinking the way the UK approaches energy generation, utilisation and storage.
The Costain solution
Costain offers full project lifecycle consultancy, engineering and delivery execution services throughout the lifetime of our clients’ assets.
- Our award winning front end solutions team will work with you to produce optimised options tailored to address your development and operational challenges
- Our team of experts delivers feasibility studies, project evaluation, risk assessments and optimum concept advice, as well as providing the detail you need to make critical decisions
- We successfully deliver new build and brownfield onshore and offshore projects, from detailed design and engineering through to construction and commissioning
- Our project management and controls specialists keep your project on track, with the flexibility and adaptability to react to unplanned events
- We engineer to enhance the performance of your assets: optimising production, improving efficiency, extending asset life, reducing operational expenditure (OPEX) and managing risk and safety issues.