Refining and petrochemicals
From feasibility and concept studies, to FEED, to detailed design and EPC, our capability is comprehensive, and includes considerations as diverse as:
- Health, safety and environmental optimisation
- Environmental impact abatement using “best available technology"
- Process development, process flowsheet optimisation, machinery configuration and driver selection, energy efficiency, plant reliability and availability
- Plant construction execution and logistics including extensive experience in modularisation to reduce site activities
We have extensive experience of helping our customers to identify and select appropriate solutions to upgrade their plants in line with current standards and requirements.
Safety and environmental considerations are always paramount, as well as project lifecycle cost reduction, robust plant performance and reliability, and minimal onsite construction, which is advantageous in brownfield facilities.
Costain has wide ranging experience of projects for the oil refining industry, including:
- Design, Engineering, Procurement and Construction of major processing units based on licensed technology
- Revamps and expansions of existing facilities
- Engineering services as part of term agreements, including site-based
- LPG and olefins recovery
- Hydrogen recovery
- Ethylene recovery from FCC offgas
- Acid gas removal and sulphur recovery
- Light and heavy ends fractionation
- Gasoline and middle distillates quality upgrading
- VOC abatement
- Lube oil refining
T: 07881 090536