Predictive data analytics and artificial intelligence (AI) for critical national infrastructure (CNI)
We transform existing data, or the new data generated by a range of connected devices, into the predictive insight you need to anticipate challenges and improve the efficiency and resilience of your assets.
We use data to help the owners, managers and operators of our critical national infrastructure prepare for tomorrow. That may be adapting existing assets in response to urbanisation or developing new, more resilient structures to manage the effects of a changing climate. We offer a range of data and analytical services, from data strategy, through to identifying collection methods, and understanding how to benefit from artificial intelligence and machine learning. We also draw on our experience of working in the UK’s infrastructure sector to provide governance, audit, quality and compliance advice on the data and assets. Our technical and engineering experts will enable you to explore a range of scenarios before investing in new work or additional infrastructure and give you greater insight into the efficiency and resilience of your assets to help you anticipate the challenges ahead.
- Assess different scenarios in a digital environment to test hypothesis. This can, for example, enable you to reduce the cost of new build projects, or eliminate the need for them, which means funds can be allocated to more critical programmes.
- Pinpoint inefficiencies in your current operations and identify ways of addressing them before they impact on the safety, cost or schedule.
- Examine the actual or theoretical performance of your assets, including those spread across a wide geographical area.
- Carry out predictive maintenance to reduce the cost of operating an asset, improve productivity and minimise downtime.
- Ensure your data and technology is secure and you’re operating in compliance with government regulations, including the Directive on security of network and information systems (NIS Directive).
Why choose Costain
Our data solutions are developed by a team of engineers and technologists with extensive experience of the infrastructure sector. That enables us to understand your data and infrastructure requirements and deliver the greatest benefits to your organisation.