Our team of consultants, project and programme managers and engineers offer services across the asset lifecycle, including:
- Integration of extensive supply chains to deliver complex multi-disciplinary projects
- Forming collaborative partnerships with technology providers to accelerate development of new technologies to solve industry challenges
- Provision of project insights to enable informed project decision making
- Establishment and delivery of Programme Management Offices (PMOs) and governance to enable business transformation and step change improvements in programme delivery performance
- Deployment of the latest digital technology to optimise delivery and impact
- Conceptual and specialist front end design
- Asset optimisation consultancy and delivery, improving the performance of existing facilities to allow them to safely operate more reliably and efficiently as well as extending their working life.
We are one of the largest providers of project and engineering services to the UK nuclear market and have been involved with some of the UK’s largest nuclear construction projects. We support reactor vendors and developers from green-field site to power generation to ensure new build facilities are well planned, designed and constructed, complying with the complex industry legislation.
We have teams based on every operational nuclear power station in the UK, supporting project delivery to maintain reliability and availability of the existing fleet. Our expertise extends to supporting lifetime extensions and preparing for defueling and decommissioning.
As well as delivering complex projects to support management of the UK’s nuclear legacy, we are working with the NDA, site licence companies, supply chain and academia to develop cutting edge technologies to transform delivery solutions. Through innovative modular construction methods and investment in new technologies such as plasma waste vitrification, we are delivering bespoke solutions to manage the legacy.
Costain extends nuclear power station framework with EDF energy