We work with our customers to develop and optimise the strategic infrastructure that will enable economic growth at both the local and national level.
As our population increases, the UK is demanding more from its rail infrastructure than ever before. It is estimated that we make 2.5 billion rail journeys every year, which is set to rise to over 3 billion by 2020. The current network is beyond capacity. Increasing demand will see growth in electrification, high-speed rail and the introduction of digital railway, making for a better connected nation.
What this might mean?
- Large improvement programmes with whole-life cost and collaboration at the core of delivery values
- Implementation of high-speed rail, ensuring this huge national investment is successfully delivered
- The development of digital railway and an increasing focus on innovation to maximise the application of emerging technology across the network.
The Costain solution
We have the capability and agility to provide innovative and sustainable solutions to meet these increased demands across all areas of the railway, while maintaining a safe, reliable and cost-effective service to the public.
Our rail sector specialises in technical delivery, innovative expertise and sustainable solutions. We provide whole-life benefit to infrastructure through innovative products and services that enhance the quality of project delivery and provide cost-effective solutions. We bring our extensive knowledge and experience to deliver value to our customers’ assets across all phases of the project lifecycle.
Our rail sector team offers:
- Commitment to safety, developing industry-leading practices
- Specialists across the whole rail sector, with a broad service offering to meet customers’ needs
- The breadth of resource and the best team to deliver success, whether customers are looking for a design, consulting, programme management, project delivery or operations & maintenance service
- A strong focus on sustainability and whole-life cost
- Proven track record in collaborative delivery and alliance working.
Costain formed ABC Electrification Limited in partnership with Babcock and Alstom.
- The largest electrification order book in the UK
- One of only three companies awarded National Electrification Programme (NEP) contracts by Network Rail
- Industry leading expertise in electrification delivery
- Close collaborative relationships with customers and supply chain.