We work with our clients to develop, construct and connect the infrastructure that passengers value, supporting national economic growth, decarbonising transport and adapting to climate change.
The Second National Infrastructure Assessment recommends long-term investment in rail networks, reflecting economic needs for sustainable, broad-based growth across nations and regions and the realities of changed passenger and freight demands in the post-Covid world
What this means:
- A comprehensive plan for improved capacity and connectivity for North and Midlands city regions
- Prioritising and funding existing network maintenance, ensuring climate resilience
- Enhancing trade, aligning with interurban transport strategy, targeting underperforming sections
The Costain solution
With Costain's values and behaviour at their core and working to our operational excellence model, our people and supply chain shape, create and deliver high value infrastructure outcomes for our rail clients and passengers
Costain improves people’s lives by solving our rail clients’ most complex engineering challenges for their passengers. Everything we do stems from project delivery and civil engineering excellence. Costain delivery expertise enables and qualifies us to advise our clients on innovative, practical and high value approaches to their critical infrastructure needs. We engineer and innovate to enhance and maintain assets at peak efficiency, through life.
Our people deliver these promises through:
- Values and behaviour, implemented and reinforced using our internationally accredited cultural behavioural management system and leadership framework.
- Total commitment to health, safety and wellbeing, creating industry-leading practice
- Systems thinking – applying a whole system approach to understand and reduce complexity, anticipate wider effects and bring assets into service with rigour
- Multi-disciplinary integration across Costain of delivery in all dimensions of value: produced, social, natural and human
- Maximising resilience for a rapidly changing world
Operational excellence management system across:
- Productivity – innovative production thinking and rapid adoption, continuously increasing quality, delivering faster, at lower cost
- Commercial – yielding predictable, cost-reducing and confident high value outcomes
- Engineering – design management excellence focused on optimising whole-life asset value from a minimum viable product approach
- Supply chain – collaboration, relationships and continuous improvement with our supply chain partners and academy
- Digital – adopting a structured approach to securing performance gains from technology and transformation investment