Costain at a glance
In Liverpool in 1865 by Richard Costain
London Stock Exchange
£1,178m adjusted Group revenue for the financial year ended 31 December 2021
Future-shaping strategic consultancy, consultancy and advisory, digital technology solutions, asset optimisation and complex programme delivery.
- One of the first to achieve the BSI Kitemark for innovation. Costain worked in partnership with BSI, the business improvement company, to help design and pilot the new global certification scheme for innovation
- In 2020 we demonstrated the feasibility of the concept of hydrogen ‘deblending’ for a first of its kind programme, bringing together all the gas distribution networks to collaboratively develop innovative hydrogen solutions that will decarbonise energy for heat, transport, industry and power generation
- In an industry first, Costain launched its detailed climate change action plan in February 2020 in which it committed to deliver low carbon solutions, including tackling ‘Scope 3’ emissions, to every client by 2023 and to be net zero by 2035. Find out what progress has been made here.
- In 2021, Costain was named as a Times Top 50 Employer for Women for a fourth year running
- Built and commissioned the nuclear processing facility at Magnox’s Bradwell site for the dissolution of historic nuclear waste – the first of its kind
- Has the only third-party accredited behavioural safety programme in the UK