Costain at a glance
In Liverpool in 1865 by Richard Costain
London Stock Exchange
£1,421.4m adjusted Group revenue for the financial year ended 31 December 2022
Future-shaping strategic consultancy, digital technology solutions and complex programme delivery.
- One of the first to achieve the BSI Kitemark for innovation. Costain worked in partnership with BSI, the business improvement company, to help design and pilot the new global certification scheme for innovation
- In 2022, we ran a Best Companies employee engagement survey, and we were recognised by Best Companies as a ‘Very Good Company’ to work for
- All relevant contracts now have a carbon baseline target and implementation plan on how they will achieve their target in line with PAS 2080
- In 2022, HS2’s site Canterbury Road Vent Shaft in South Kilburn, became the first diesel-free site, while the Euston Approaches and Victoria Road Crossover Box sites also achieved diesel-free status
- In an industry first, Costain launched its detailed climate change action plan in February 2020 in which it committed to deliver low carbon solutions, including tackling ‘Scope 3’ emissions, to every client by 2023 and to be net zero by 2035. Find out what progress has been made here.
- In 2021, Costain was named as a Times Top 50 Employer for Women for a fourth year running.