Why choose an apprenticeship with Costain?
- A structured development programme, including academic study and experience, leading to a Certificated Apprenticeship
- Support to achieve professional membership of a relevant institution
- Competitive salary with two pay reviews per year
- Work opportunities in a diverse range of market sectors and locations
- You’ll be part of a new and exciting career development programme within one of the UK’s Most Admired Companies.
Melissa is an integration engineer, working in our technology centre in Worle, North Somerset. She started her career as an apprentice. Three years on, she reflects on her experience and tells us how she got involved in one of our most important projects of the past 12 months.
Bianca is a trainee engineer, working for Costain as part of the Skanska Costain STRABAG Joint Venture on the HS2 high-speed rail line. Here, she tells us why she chose to start her career with an apprenticeship and outlines some of the lessons she’s learned during five years on the job.
We’re collaborating with our partners across industry to identify smarter, greener, and more efficient solutions. That includes working with apprentices at the School of Automation (SoA) in Glasgow to develop technologies such as robotic process automation.
How to apply
The main intakes for the Costain apprenticeship programme are during the summer months for a start at college in September, but there are other opportunities available throughout the year.
To view the current apprenticeships available and to apply to be considered for the Costain apprentice programme, please click here
U-Explore, the UK's leading careers guidance company
We work with U-Explore, the UK’s leading careers guidance company, to change the face of careers advice and provision.
Costain has created an employer profile using U-Explore’s free and comprehensive digital platform, highlighting the sectors in which Costain operates, together with the job roles available within our organisation.
The jobs comprise a mix of entry level and aspirational roles, from construction, engineering, business administration and accountancy. The site also offers advice on how to get started, what skills are needed, what qualifications are required and what salary might be expected. We provide this information to schools and colleges as a single starting point to help simplify and improve careers guidance.
How to apply for an apprenticeship with Costain:
Step 1 -apply online
Visit www.costain.com and upload your CV
Step 2 - interview
You may be invited to attend a face to face interview. Take a look at our useful tips below on how to prepare for an interview.
Step 3 - offer
We will let you know within one week if you have been successful.
How to prepare for an interview:
- Make sure you read through all the information about us on our website about us and how we work, but more specifically, the information provided about the scheme you're applying for
- Understand the key competencies and behaviours we're looking for
- Think about your own strengths, how they fit into the role (and Costain), and try to think of examples of how you have successfully used these in the past
- We want to see your energy, enthusiasm and passion for becoming a Costain apprentice, so make sure you know how to show us your motivation
Costain engineer becomes 100th Tideway apprentice
Being an Apprentice