Four Centuries Of Experience
26 June 2013
Fifteen Costain staff with more than 400 years’ experience between them have been formally thanked for their work for the Group at a special lunch.
The staff were recognised at the annual event, held at the Grovefield House Hotel, Burnham, near the Group’s Maidenhead HQ.
Presiding over the event, which included the staff members’ partners, was Group Technical and Operations Director, Alan Kay, who presented the guests with certificates on behalf of the Board thanking them for their endeavours over the decades. Also attending on behalf of the Group was Sally Austin, Divisional HR Business Partner.
The recipients collected their certificates to a backdrop of photographs of them taken in their early days at the Company or on memorable projects on which they had worked, together with anecdotes of their time with Costain.
Those honoured at the event were:
• John Key, Senior Design Manager London Bridge Station enhancement works (40 years);
• Ashley Phillips, Project QS, Costain-Skanska C360 jv (40yrs);
• Steve Hall, Estimating Assistant, Central Work-Winning (30yrs);
• Howard Jones, Project Manager, Civils – Evap D Secondees (30yrs);
• Nick Leary, Senior QS, Brighton & Hove WwTW (30yrs);
• Charlie Sleep, Planning Manager, Port Talbot PDR Stage 2 (30yrs);
• Matthew Taylor, Systems Manager, Regional Systems Managers (30yrs);
• Martin Orrells, General Manager, Procurement (30yrs);
• Richard Messenger, Area Estimator, Central Work-Winning (21yrs);
• Steve Pagett, Engineering Services Manager, HS2 Contract 220, Euston Station (21yrs);
• Dean Protheroe, Commercial Manager, A465 Heads of the Valleys (21yrs);
• Dave Randall, Managing QS, Port Talbot PDR Stage 2 (21yrs);
• Tracey Tull, Administration Assistant, Maidenhead HQ (21yrs);
• Chris Vice, Senior Agent, Severn Trent Water AMP 5 framework (21yrs);
• Tom Pearse, Design Manager, Reading Station (21yrs).