Development of an LNG Facility in Egypt
Costain was commissioned by BP to develop a conceptual design for an LNG facility planned to be located in Damietta, Egypt.
Acid gas removal
Costain provided technical services to the client’s UK project team, including:
- Conceptual design studies for acid gas removal and gas pre-treatment including carbon dioxide sequestration issues
- Completion of a project statement of requirements for prequalification of the FEED contractor
- Evaluation of technical options including air versus seawater for cooling duties, power generation options, integration with proposed NGL extraction plant and benchmarking with other base load facilities.
- Definition of LNG storage
- Engineering studies including jetty design and layout, overall plant firewater requirements, safety and environmental assessments and selection of project specifications
- Planning and schedule assessment
- Invitation to tender document preparation for FEED contractor.
Costain later provided project management services to the client and co-ordinated the technical interfaces at Damietta between the LNG project and the adjoining propane storage facilities.
Business Development Director – Oil & Gas