Recovering flare gas to reduce environmental impact
Costain provided Total UK with a solution which enabled the off gas from the refinery flare systems to be recovered and routed to the LPG recovery unit.
Improved environmental performance
Reduction in natural gas imports
The modifications to the existing site to accommodate the rerouting of the flare gas included:
- Process tie-in selection
- 2 stage dry screw compression with water injection
- Interstage KO vessels and VSD driven air coolers
- Replacement of flare seal vessels
- Level instruments and control valves
- Siemens control and safety systems PLC
Costain designed the process modifications to the refinery and was awarded the EPC contract. As part of the construction, additional tie-ins were made to accommodate future flare gas recovery.
Contact and social