Improving asset availability and efficiency
The Costain consultants were approached by a client to carry out conceptual design and provide solutions to improve asset availability and efficiency. The solution was also required to ensure that the terminal could cease to use a particular refrigerant and maintain gas production in line with NTS specification.
- Service 1
Consultancy & advisory
Complex programme delivery
Increase asset utilisation
Compliance with environmental legislation
During the define phase Costain provided:
- Process technology consolidation
- FEED (define phase) study and management
- Estimating and planning
- Selection of optimum solution to meet client requirements
- Completion of the define Phase studies to produce an enhanced scope definition prior to project execution
- Generation of define phase report, a +/- 15% project TIC estimate and indicative programme for the execute phase
Costain executed the define phase of the project, providing a solution to meet the needs of the client, and won the EPC part of the project as a result.
We worked in partnership with vendors and in close collaboration with the client, in order to deliver the full onsite implementation within a tight shutdown period assigned by the client, to avoid any financial penalties for our client.