Fast-track subsea concept selection pre-FEED study
Costain was selected by Shell to perform the subsea concept selection for the Penguins Field redevelopment.
Costain delivered a fast-track subsea concept selection pre-FEED study for Shell. The objectives were to deliver:
- Consistent technical design and installation definition.
- This included FPS location study and riser system analysis.
- Schedules covering the engineering, procurement and installation activities.
- +25/-15% cost estimates for engineering, procurement and installation.
- Risk understanding of subsea elements of the alternative development concepts.
- Preparation of a subsea concept selection report.
- Development of the FEED and pre-sanction strategy.
- Development of the subsea contractor’s FEED scope of work.
- Development of the basis of design.
Costain delivered the study documents within tight time constraints with a high level of technical definition, generating high confidence in the cost estimates and schedules.